Have you always wanted to make this quilt? It really is a wonderful project. A true family heirloom that would delight any little person!
We have offered this program for the last 4 years and it has always been a huge success so we will be offering it again in 2020.The program will run over a 12 month period including 7 full day classes. The most exciting development for 2020 is that all of the applique shapes will be prefused & precut to size - a HUGE time saver!!!! The most exciting development for 2020 is that all of the applique shapes will be prefused & precut to size - a HUGE time saver!!!! This will revolutionaise the amount of time required to complete this project. This element will potentially halve the amount of homework involved!
There will be one group that meets on a Wednesday and another group that will meet on a Saturday - this option is for the weekday group if you would like to book into the weekend session please refer to the other class listing.
In order to participate in this program you will are agreeing to pay the monthly fee of $105 per month for 12 months. In purchasing this program you will only be paying for the first payment at this point. The total cost for the program is $1260 paid over the 12 month period of the program.
When you book this program here you will pay the first instalment of $105. You will be contacted by the shop for subsequent payments on the first Monday of every month for the following 11 months.
Please note that the quilt will not be identical to the original as we will be completing the project in two halves and then piecing these two sections together before adding the final row of animals. We have made the quilt in this way over the past 4 years and it has worked very well. The quilt looks almost identical to the original … just a little longer.
You DO NOT need to have attended one of Kellie's beginners classes to participate in this program. This program will take you from the basics through to the more complex techniques used to complete this quilt. You will receive an additional small skill building projects / tasks to further develop your technique in each of the seven classes included in the program.
This fee covers the following items;
- Animal Alphabet Pattern, placement diagrams
- A total of seven classes held on Thursday spaced as evenly as possible throughout the year. Classes include lunch, morning tea & afternoon tea - dates listed below. This tuition covers completion of raw edge appliqué, trapunto and it will get you, at least, to a point where you will feel confident to tackle the free motion quilting yourself - obviously this is all dependent upon how you progress with your homework between classes.
- All fabrics to complete the quilt top, including; background fabric & fabric for the appliqué shapes.
- All applique shapes will be fused & pre-cut to size.
- Lite Steam-A-Seam2 to complete all applique.
- Batting for both the project and to complete the trapunto.
- Matching polyester threads for the appliqué.
What is not included in the program costs;
- Alternative colour options - kits are supplied only as put together by Cutting Cloth. These fabrics will not be that same as the original quilt, however, they will be suitable high quality fabrics as selected by Kellie.
- Backing & binding fabrics.
- Replacement fabrics, threads, fusible web, threads etc required due to errors made by the student.
- Thread to complete the background quilting.
The classes will be held on the following dates;
None of these dates are transferable in any way unless you have prearranged an alternative time with Kellie prior to booking. It is the participants responsibility to ensure that they are available on these dates. If you aren't able to attend one of these sessions it shouldn't impact too much on your ability to keep up with the program - this has often happened in the past and we have usually been able to make a work around plan.
Contact the shop on 9486 7781 to book or for further information.