Have you always wanted to make this quilt? It really is a wonderful project. A true family heirloom that would delight any little person!
We have offered this program for the last 5 years and it has always been a huge success. The 2021 program will run over a 12 month period including 7 classes. The most exciting development in 2020 was the introduction of prefused & precut shapes. We estimate that this has reduced the amount of homework required to complete this quilt by at least 75% !!!!
At this stage there will only be one group offered in 2021 which will be held on Saturdays.
In order to participate in this program you are agreeing to pay the monthly fee of $116.50 per month for 12 months. When purchasing this program you will only be charged for the first payment. Once enrolled you will be contacted by Cutting Cloth to make arrangements for the remaining payemts which will be billed to you on the first week of every month. The total cost for the program is $1398 paid over the 12 month period of the program. The remaining 11 payments will begin in Januray & finish in November. If you join in Januray or after this time you will be billed for the amoiunts that you previously missed so as to catch you up with the rest of the group. If you have any questions please contact the shop we will be happy to help!
Please note that the quilt will not be identical to the original as we will be completing the project in two halves and then piecing these two sections together before adding the final row of animals. We have made the quilt in this way over the past 5 years and it has worked very well. The quilt looks almost identical to the original … just a little longer.
You DO NOT need to have attended one of Kellie's beginners classes to participate in this program. This program will take you from the basics through to the more complex techniques used to complete this quilt. You will receive an additional small skill building projects / tasks to further develop your technique in each of the seven classes included in the program.
This fee covers the following items;
- Animal Alphabet Pattern, placement diagrams
- A total of seven classes held on Saturdays spaced as evenly as possible throughout the year - dates listed below
- The seven classes include an indroductory class where you will be taught the raw edge technique, trapunto & begin the process of learning free motion quilting - the class kit for this class is included in your class fee
- All fabrics to complete the quilt top, including; background fabric & fabric for the appliqué shapes.
- All applique shapes will be pre-fused, pre-cut to size & set together ready for placement.
- Batting for both the project and to complete the trapunto.
- Matching polyester threads for the appliqué.
What is not included in the program costs;
- Alternative colour options - kits are supplied only as put together by Cutting Cloth. These fabrics will not be that same as the original quilt, however, they will be suitable high quality fabrics as selected by Kellie.
- Backing & binding fabrics.
- Replacement fabrics, threads, fusible web, threads etc required due to errors made by the student.
- Thread to complete the background quilting.
The classes will be held on the following dates;
March 27th - Full day
April 24th - Half Day
May 29th - Half Day
June 26th - Half Day
August 28th - Half Day
October 30th - Full Day
November 27th - Half to full day
None of these dates are transferable in any way unless you have prearranged an alternative time with Kellie prior to booking. It is the participants responsibility to ensure that they are available on these dates. If you aren't able to attend one of these sessions it shouldn't impact too much on your ability to keep up with the program - this has often happened in the past and we have usually been able to make a work around plan.
Contact the shop on 9486 7781 for further information.