IN STORE CLASS - PREFER ONLINE CLICK HERE
Have you always wanted to make this quilt? It really is a wonderful project. A true family heirloom that would delight any little person!
We have offered this program for the last 8 years and it has always been a huge success. The 2023 program will run over a 12 month period including 7 classes. The most exciting development of course was the introduction of prefused & precut shapes in 2020. We estimate that this has reduced the amount of homework required to complete this quilt by at least 75% !!!!
There will only be one group offered in 2024 which will be held on Saturdays.
In order to participate in this program you are agreeing to pay the first payment of $300 and then a total of 10 further monthly payments of $120 payable on the first monday of each month. Once enrolled you will be contacted by Cutting Cloth to make arrangements for the remaining payemts which will commence in Feburary. The total cost for the program is $1500 paid over the 11 month period of the program. The remaining 10 payments will begin in Feburary & finish in November. If you join in Feburary or after this time you will be billed for the amounts that you have previously missed so as to catch you up with the rest of the group. If you have any questions please contact the shop we will be happy to help!
You DO NOT need to have attended one of Kellie's beginners classes to participate in this program. This program will take you from the basics through to the more complex techniques used to complete this quilt. You will receive an additional small skill building projects / tasks to further develop your technique in each of the seven classes included in the program.
This fee covers the following items;
- Animal Alphabet Pattern, placement diagrams
- A total of seven classes held on Saturdays spaced as evenly as possible throughout the year - dates listed below
- The seven classes include an indroductory class where you will be taught the raw edge technique, trapunto & begin the process of learning free motion quilting - the class kit for this class is included in your class fee
- All fabrics to complete the quilt top, including; background fabric & fabric for the appliqué shapes.
- All applique shapes will be pre-fused, pre-cut to size & set together ready for placement.
- Batting for both the project and to complete the trapunto.
- Matching polyester threads for the appliqué.
What is not included in the program costs;
- Alternative colour options - kits are supplied only as put together by Cutting Cloth. These fabrics will not be that same as the original quilt, however, they will be suitable high quality fabrics as selected by Kellie.
- Backing & binding fabrics.
- Replacement fabrics, threads, fusible web, threads etc required due to errors made by the student.
- Thread to complete the background quilting.
The classes will be held on the following dates;
23rd of March
20th of April
25th of May
27th of July
24th of August
14th of September
26th of October
None of these dates are transferable in any way unless you have prearranged an alternative time with Kellie prior to booking. It is the participants responsibility to ensure that they are available on these dates. If you aren't able to attend one of these sessions it shouldn't impact too much on your ability to keep up with the program - this has often happened in the past and we have usually been able to make a work around plan.
In addition to this you will also have access to the online program content to assist with the progress of your quilt should you not be able to make it to class for what ever reason.
Contact the shop on 03 9486 7781 for further information.