Join Megan in this technique class to learn various different ways of achieving effective hand applique results focusing upon both technique and design.
Work from Megan’s popular block, Mini Mandalas, you will cover;
- Template preparation
- Fabric choice
- Fussy cutting
- Needleturn applique
- Turned edge applique
- Finishing options, including hand quilting.
The Mini Mandalas block can be made into a 13-block quilt or a 3-block table runner. For those willing to embark on more, the block can also be incorporated into Megan’s latest quilt, Applique Sampler with a Twist.
Alternatively class participants are welcome to work on their own projects using the class for guidance on technique and colour inspiration.
Megan is best known for her precise applique and effective use of contemporary fabrics. Megan’s latest applique quilt, Applique Sampler with a Twist, was awarded Best Contemporary Quilt Award (Professional) and third place Combined Pieced & Applique Quilt (Professional) at the Sydney Quilt Show 2017.
Megan teaches beginner and applique classes at Material Obsession in Sydney and is currently President, Quilt NSW (The Quilters Guild of NSW, Inc.). You can follow her and her student’s work on Instagram @meganmanwaring.
We are thrilled to have Megan teaching at Cutting Cloth!
Megan Manwaring Hand Applique & other Specialised Quilting Techniques
- All Class fees must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Please note that the class fee covers your tuition & refreshments only, all other related costs are in addition to this fee unless otherwise noted.
- Class fees will be refunded if a class is cancelled by Cutting Cloth.
- Classes can be transferred to an alternative date, if available, when at least 14 full days notice of an inability to attend a class is provided - a transfer of date may only be made on one occassion.
- In situations where less than 14 days notice is provided 50% processing fee will be retained and the remaining fees reimbursed as a store credit to purchase an alternative class.
- In situations where less than 7 days notice is provided no refund will be provided.
- In situations where your place is booked by an alternative student your class fee minus a handling fee of $30 will be transfered to a store credit to purchase an alternative class - see exclusions detailled below.
- NO Refunds are available for International tutors
- When cancelling a class with an interstate tutor the handling fee will be 50% of the class fee
Alternatively if you aren't able to attend a class you may wish to gift it to a friend.
Please ensure that all class requirements are brought to your class. Please make sure that you are familiar with your sewing machine and that it is in good working order prior to attending your class.