Welcome to our first Raw Edge Allstars sew-along! Join me for four weeks of fun as we work our way through the construction of a simple lap sized quilt using raw edge appliqué. The project has simple lines making it a great first time project using your raw edge & free motion skills. We will finish the quilt off with some beautiful free motion quilting designs.
This small project (1.1m x 1.1m) will be easily to completed in the given time period. To join the program you must have previously participated in a Raw Edge & Free Motion class held at Cutting Cloth. Once you have registered join our Raw Edge Allstars Group.
The instructions & support will be provided via the private group and email backup. Please note you must first register your position in the program before you will be allowed entry into the program. Register HERE. Alternatively may register by contacting the shop directly by phone. You will not be permitted access to the private group without registering first.
1.2 Background fabric - I used a white cotton
Coloured fabrics - Approx 60cm in total of a variety of different prints (20 (approx.) prints 10" x 4" each)
2m of Lite Steam-a-Seam 2
1.2m x 1.2m Wool polyester batting
1.2m Backing fabric
Matching polyester threads
Sewing Machine capable of free motion
Water soluble Marker & / or hera marker
Use your own materials or ours you can find these listed in the drop down options box.
Registration is now open and the program will begin on the 28th of September. This is a great way to develop your confidence managing a 'quilt sized' project under your machine. Share your progress with the group and enjoy seeing the work of others.
The images shown are the quilt design that we will be working on - please note this is still a work in progress and the free motion quilting design will be added over the coming days.
COMPLETE KIT DETAILS
Whte background fabric
Coloured fabrics for the applique
You can also purchase the Lite Steam-a-seam2 seporately if this is all you need.
If you need anything else on the lest please give the shop a ring.
Raw Edge Allstars Sew-along 2020 - Materials Only
- All Class fees must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Please note that the class fee covers your tuition & refreshments only, all other related costs are in addition to this fee unless otherwise noted.
- Class fees will be refunded if a class is cancelled by Cutting Cloth.
- Classes can be transferred to an alternative date, if available, when at least 14 full days notice of an inability to attend a class is provided - a transfer of date may only be made on one occassion.
- In situations where less than 14 days notice is provided 50% processing fee will be retained and the remaining fees reimbursed as a store credit to purchase an alternative class.
- In situations where less than 7 days notice is provided no refund will be provided.
- In situations where your place is booked by an alternative student your class fee minus a handling fee of $30 will be transfered to a store credit to purchase an alternative class - see exclusions detailled below.
- NO Refunds are available for International tutors
- When cancelling a class with an interstate tutor the handling fee will be 50% of the class fee
Alternatively if you aren't able to attend a class you may wish to gift it to a friend.
Please ensure that all class requirements are brought to your class. Please make sure that you are familiar with your sewing machine and that it is in good working order prior to attending your class.