From the pages of Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns book, BlockBase+ brings over 4,000 quilt blocks to your computer screen. Barbara’s decades of research is available to you in this organized and user-friendly software for Windows and Mac computers. Packed with complete publication information for each block, robust search features, exporting and printing capabilities — it’s the perfect quilting tool for all skill levels!
- Customers receive both Mac® and Windows® versions of BlockBase+ upon purchasing.
- BlockBase+ is a standalone program. No other software required.
- Package contains a Hardcopy Download License for the Software
This software is a perfect companion to the Encyclopaedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns!
This stand-alone software (for Windows or Mac computers) lets you easily print rotary-cutting instructions, templates, foundation patterns, export image files, or export SVG files at any size for all 4,000+ pieced blocks from Brackman’s Encyclopaedia.
The most intuitive and inspiring block-printing software available!
- View blocks in colour, grayscale, and as line drawings
- Perform advanced searches to find the perfect block
- Export blocks as JPG, PNG, and SVG files
- Print blocks as templates, foundation patterns, or rotary cutting charts at any size, with or without seam allowance
- Learn the published names and original sources of each block
- Preview blocks in pre-determined quilt layouts
- Link blocks to EQ8 software!
- Plus more!
Scroll through 4,264 blocks organised in categories of One Patch, Non-Square, Fans, Wheels, Stars, and many more! Zoom in on a block to see it in full detail! Learn the original published names for each block and from what source each was first published. Some blocks have multiple names and sources!
View the blocks in colour, grayscale values, or as line drawings!
BlockBase+ comes with advanced search features! If you have the Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns from Barbara Brackman, you can use the search feature to find a block based on the Brackman ID listed in the book. Or you can search by keyword, source, or category (skill level, piecing style, etc.) to scour the database for blocks based on specific criteria.
BlockBase+ is a block-printing powerhouse! Choose to print a picture of the block, templates, rotary cutting chart, or foundation pattern. Each printing style comes with customisable settings so your printout fits your needs. Enter the desired finished size and seam allowance, then print!
Minimum System Requirements:
BlockBase+ will not run on Chromebooks or any devices running Android or iOS. BlockBase+ requires Windows or Mac operating systems, as listed below.
- Windows 10
- macOS Big Sur (11), Catalina (10.15), Mojave (10.14); Intel or M1 chip processors
Internet Access Required
Internet access required for downloading, activating, periodic validation and accessing the support materials. You can be disconnected from the internet for general use of the software.
This product is a single-user license and includes 2 activations per license. Once the software is purchased, the license is non-transferable.
Unlimited installations. Two (2) computers may be simultaneously active. Activations can be easily transferred between computers.
250 MB of available hard-disk space for installation. Additional free space require during installation.
Minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 720, or greater.